Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Surprises

Have you ever sat on a surprise, waiting...anticipation...excitement...the feeling that you are about to burst, or at least tell the secret? That is where I'm at, so I'm going to share about the secret, but not exactly.

For Christmas, we purchased sort of an unusual Christmas gift for my inlaws. It was an online order, and they haven't received it as of yet. It should arrive sometime this week. They know their gift is coming, and I sure hope the anticipation won't leave them disappointed. Every day I wonder, think about the coming gift and hope the surprise of it will be worth the wait. I am dying to tell all of you what that gift is, but it will have to wait until the intended recipients actually get it-just in case they might read this entry. But I can hardly stand the suspense.

Oh, and you want to hear about another really cool gift? My sister-in-law thought of this. She asked each of the grandkids to write out 10 memories of their grandparents. Each of the inlaw children (that's me) to write out 10 memories, and then each of the children to write out 30-40 memories. (Obviously, they will have more memories than anyone else.) All of these were then placed in a jar so that every day one memory could be read for the entire year. It started January 1st. My dear father-in-law has been typing them out in an email every day to share with the rest of us. It has been lots of fun.

And one of these days very soon, we'll get an email or a phone call that mentions the Christmas present. Then I can share the secret with all of you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love love love the idea of the memory jar. I think I may steal that if it doesn't bother you. It would be so perfect for my parents too.

Heth said...

Can't wait to hear what the surprise gift is. It's true, it's better to give than to recieve.