Sunday, July 16, 2006

Attitude

I'm trying to have a good attitude, really I am. We arrived home late last night after an exhausting week in the Arizona Desert. Ok, we weren't camping out or anything, but I found it quite unpleasant driving across town in the middle of the day when it was 117 degrees. There was no such thing as sleeping in as it just gets too warm in the morning. I was so happy to crawl into my own bed last night.

I was awakened by an expected commotion. I tried to open my heavy eyelids, but no luck. The light was too bright. I lay quiet, hoping it would be dark again and the rustling around would be stilled. My darling husband finally informed me of the misfortune of my first morning home. Our bedroom shower was leaking. He had completely emptied the closet behind it, cut open the wall to get at the leak only to find it was a bigger problem. My ever-efficient man had already phoned a plumber that would be here within the hour. Not only did I have to get out of bed and dress before showering, I have yet to brush my teeth. I've been sitting here several hours feeling completely undone. The water is shut off so I can't even flush a toilet. It is Sunday and without water there is no way I can make myself presentable to attend church. (Sigh) This is one day I'm glad my girls are not awake yet. It was difficult enough on vacation for 5 females to share a small bathroom, but to have no bathroom to share is worse. If there wasn't a strange man in my bedroom, I'd crawl back in bed.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hope it's fixed soon! We just had water problems at our house recently, too, and ended up spending over $2000 on a new well pump.

Carolanne said...

Ouch!
Even the saintliest angel could not hold a "good" attitude for long with no water.
Did you try crawling under the bed? Perhaps that might have worked...
Hope it's all sorted out by now though.

FLmom7 said...

Ugh! I've had to live w/out water for a few days during hurricanes and it's NO fun! (at least we did have bottled water for teeth brushing.) Hope you get your water on ASAP.

Anonymous said...

Oh word. That would get to me too. I hope it is all fixed up by now!