Thursday, April 12, 2007

Final Move

Yesterday was the last part of the move. Since Sunday, bits & pieces, then boxes & furniture were moved into the tiny apartment. The remaining big item was the bed. Once the bed was put into place, it meant they weren't coming coming home again.

Home has been my place for the past 5 weeks. As nice as it is, I'm sure it felt like they were living in someone else's house. They had a few items, like their clothes and a shared computer, but most of their belongings were still in Arizona.

The entry way and lobby is grand. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI could hear the pianist as I entered. I looked at my watch, 11:45. Yep! Today's events mentioned a pianist at 11:30-noon. A lively rendition of Amazing Grace resounded from the keys.

We wrestled the mattress and box springs from the truck to the 3rd story-thankful for the elevator. (Not like the 3rd story move with Christopher.) After making the bed, we all looked around. It looked very much like their home back in Phoenix. Even Poncho was there to watch over their doorstep, keeping an eye on Mr. Bear. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The unpacking was nearly finished, aside from a couple of suitcases. The pictures would be hung and everything tidied up, but it was beginning to look like home.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Michael and I had lunch with them in the dining hall. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketIt was delicious. That evening was a Wine & Candlelight dinner, complete with a strolling violinist & Prime Rib. I wanted to come back for that, but figured it would be nice for the two of them to enjoy. It would also give them a chance to get to know their neighbors. I hope they had a lovely time.

We will miss having them here every day, but it isn't like they won't be here for dinner tonight. Besides, when I turn 70, I'm moving in with them.

2 comments:

Heth said...

What a lovely place! I'm sure they will love it there. I'm glad it all went well.

Melanie said...

DH's grandma just moved into a place similar to that this past summer. Looks like a wonderful place for them!