Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Dumb

Boy do I feel dumb!





I recently emailed the editor of a local T.V. news program. I also view their news website. In the past few months, I'd noticed a lot of editing errors. For example:





A Muder Suspect Was Apprehended





Crocs to agrees to buy Bite Footwear





Another news headline had Israel spelled "Isreal"





I received a reply to my email that it was being sent to the "proper People." Those proper ones must have laughed their heads off when they read my complaint. I hadn't bothered to proofread before so smugly sending it. There before me were 2 glaring typos. Hmmm...pride goes before a fall.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I know what you mean! So so so many times I've "eaten my own words" so to speak. But still, that's a really cute story!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Don't you hate that? Still, the TV station's mistakes are pretty unexcusable---considering they are journalists. I'm dying to know which station you are talking about!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. Not laughing at you, just with you my dear! Been there, done that.