Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thirty-Eight Degrees

Today it was 38 degrees outside. A lady was driving her car, a convertible, with the top down. I surmise that the mechanism must be stuck, poor soul. The wind whips her hair across her face, cold air bites at every turn. I make the same assumption when it's raining, or snowing and I see a driver with his window down. I feel badly that he must suffer the ills of a broken window, allowing the freezing wetness to blow into his vehicle. That is, until I see the glow from his cigarette as he flicks it out the open window. Nope, he has chosen to leave the window open for his own enjoyment. The lady in the convertible? Oh, that was me. As long as it isn't raining or snowing, I crank the top down and let the wind blow. I choose to have the wind toss my hair wildly.

I find it one of life's little pleasures. As I drove to a doctor appointment, I felt healthy & carefree. Driving to pick up yet another prescription, the sun felt warm, in spite of the arctic air. Besides, my car has a heating system. It is akin to sitting in the glow of a fireplace, with the snow outside. It isn't necessary, but it makes one feel warm and cozy.

8 comments:

Heth said...

You are a crazy woman. :)

Anonymous said...

Mom, wow, you are wild, I bet you get some pretty dumbfounded stares from neighboring strangers. "Honey look over there at that crazy lady in the yellow convertable, is she nuts?!"

Lori said...

I've been watching the weather forecast and thought I needed to head over to Joanne's cause I know she has snow!

What a crazy one you are,LOL!! Have you played in the snow yet? We don't have a flake and won't probably for awhile yet. The kids are anxious to start on Frosty.

Truth said...

LOL, you all are funny. I wrote that post on Monday. Yesterday it was 65 degrees and lovely. Woke up to snow again this morning. But the sun is out now. Guess I can put the top down again.

Melanie said...

LOL You're funny! :)

Anonymous said...

I can totally picture you driving around with the top down. Why not?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun to me! :o)

Kristin said...

Brrrrr . . . but what a kick!