Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Jury Duty

So I had this nagging feeling. It gnawed at my stomach. So yesterday, I drove Michael's car to jury duty. He asked me why. I told him I didn't want anything to happen to my car. His car is more than 10 years old. He assured me mine would be fine.
I could see my car from the jury room. I checked on it every chance I could. My fellow jurors laughed.

"Is it still there?"
"Did it drive away without you?"

"Ok, your car must be new." I told him no. But I did ask him to find the cutest car in the parking lot. He immediately picked mine. We all laughed.

At the end of the day, I went to the parking lot. Here is what I found:




The whole front bumper will need to be replaced and probably the side panel too. And you know what? I didn't cry one tear. But I wanted to.
Back to jury duty tomorrow.

12 comments:

PJ said...

I love the car!!! And I'm soooooo sorry about the missing/dented pieces. And while doing your patriotic duty!! Something is wrong with this picture!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Joanne I am so sorry. What a bummer!!!! HOpe you have a low deductable.

Love,
Prairie Lady

~Tammy~ said...

Just a (((HUG))). Hope you can get it back to 'normal' soon.

Mylinda said...

Oh, I'm sorry to see that! Your car is too cute to be messed up like that....but hey, at least you were "prepared", huh? :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I've seen it in person and can attest to it's cuteness. Such a shame. Hope you can have it repaired soon. I'm guessing the offender didn't leave a note?

Grrr.

Melanie said...

Oh no!

Kristin said...

What? Did someone just smash into in the parking lot? I can't believe some people. I hope it doesn't cost too much to repair.

Anonymous said...

oh no! Good job on maintaining self control. I would have really wanted to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!" to my husband.

Kellan said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your cute little car - so sorry. And sorry about jury duty too - YUK!

Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about that! I LOVE your car

Mama Heffalump said...

Oh no!

Catching up. Congratulations to Sarabeth!

(Trying to get my act together.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.