Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can Someone Explain This???

My mother-in-law went to the hospital last night around 1 a.m. Her blood pressure was 190/125. Sometime during her ambulance drive, her blood pressure dropped back to normal, as did her heart rate. The ER doctor admitted her in order to run tests to see WHY her blood pressure spiked like that.


My own mother has had the paramedics take her to the hospital on 2 different occasions with her blood pressure over 200. Dad's also taken her to the ER with her blood pressure sky high (while on several blood pressure medications.) Each time they've sent her home without ever getting her blood pressure lower than 170/85. Nor have they ever admitted her to try to see why this is happening. What is wrong with this picture???

I'll stop my rant here, as I could go on all day.

So does anyone else negotiate with onesself besides me? I play the game, "I'm not going to do 'A' until I've done '1,2,3." This translates to: I will not post on my blog until I've checked 3 things off of my to-do list. It is a means of motivating myself to accomplish the tasks I don't really want to finish. As you've no doubt surmised by my lack of posts, it isn't working. My to-do list is getting longer, not shorter.

I have missed being here! Today I tried a new tactic. I put "posting on blog" at the top of my to-do list. I'm so happy. I now have 1 item crossed off of the list. I feel better already.

2 comments:

His Girl said...

I have to bargain with myself too. I love your list idea.


I don't even know why dr.s feel comfortable sending people home without first finding out "why?"- seems logical to me.

PJ said...

Hey! There's an idea. Put blogging on the top of the list!!! LOL

I cannot explain medical decisions at all. And your MIL??? IDK, sounds like an answer to prayer to me!