Friday, January 09, 2009

Looking Back At 2008

The Singing Owl had this Meme on her blog. What you do is take the first sentence of the first post of each month in 2008 and see if you notice any pattern or common theme.

January: Oh my, where have I been?

February: My dad found a Christmas letter dated December 1970 Title: Nothing Has Changed

March: For those who asked, no I wasn't in the hospital.

April: After I posted Birthing, I received an email from my dad.

May: My friend Heth has a great May Day tradition.

June: Congratulations Sarabeth! You have finished K-12 well

July: Ethan didn't keep the wires attached for the full 48 hours.

August: An invitation arrived in the mail: A Lingerie Shower

September: Sigh. Can I just sigh big sighs over and over???

October: I'm sitting here on pins & needles.

November: The day has finally arrived.

December: Growing up, my mom never insisted that I make my bed.

When I finished, I wasn't sure if I noticed a theme. So I tried it again. This time I used the first sentence of the last of each month.

January: My To-Do List for Today:Take Hilary to School for her trip to Florida
February: A little girl, who loved ribbons and bows and is still as cute as ever, turned 21
March: (Due to my continued battle with this illness, I didn't get photos of everyone.)

April: I phoned the attendance office at the high school and left the following message: "Hi, this is Joanne."

May: So I had this nagging feeling.

June: I woke up to loud banging this morning.

July: This is blurry.

August : What is the saying about fish & houseguests?

September: I must be losing my mind, or something.

October: In case you missed these wedding photos:

November Outside everything is blanketed in snow.

December: On the day we said "I do",we embarked on an amazing journey.

Okay, I'm not sure what to think. So if anyone else wants to try, let me know. I'd like to see what your posts say about you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I don't know... The invitation for a lingerie shower that makes you sigh big sighs over would have me siting on pins and needles too! Snort.

Good stuff. :o)

Anonymous said...

That is a really fun meme! I love your first September one heehee :)

Heth said...

That's really fun! I remember that lingerie shower post too.

I think I'm going to do this one.

Anonymous said...

I can't figure out a theme, but your second set kind of reads like one of those Mad Libs!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd see a pattern in mine either. Perhaps I should try this and see. Life is so random in its sameness that who knows?! ;)