Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Insides Are Jumping

I remember as a kid, having "butterflies in my stomach." It usually happened before I had to stand in front of the class to give a presentation. I was very shy. I was also blessed with a great imagination. I could never figure out why I was told I had butterflies. Every butterfly I'd ever seen had delicate wings. There was no way something so fragile could wreak such havoc in my midsection.

My youthful butterflies have been replaced by marbles, my stomach turned into a trampoline-like bouncy substance that propels the marbles around. Pinging around my insides, catapulting my heart into overdrive. I have no speeches to give. Nobody would say I'm shy. So why the indoor gymnastics?

I'd like to blame the steroids. Okay done. But I have a feeling I'd be left with a few stray marbles even with the drugs out of my system.

Tomorrow I'm going with Elisabeth to see a surgeon. She had an utlrasound last Friday. The doctor thinks she has a hernia that will require surgery. She's supposed to start back to school next week. I'm concerned, as she is feeling so poorly. I don't know much about hernias.

Thursday I'm driving North with Sarabeth. It is orientation at the college. She'll move into the dorms over the weekend. We're both having flashbacks of the little girl who had trouble starting new a new school year.

I'd like to trade my marbles for butterflies.

6 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Praying about those marbles...

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all and hoping the marbles settle down!

~Tammy~ said...

(((Hugs)))
May Elisabeths surgery go well!
Dad had hernia surgry, as has gransdon (two types between them) Both went well and easy recoveries. TRY not to fret, and leave it in God's hands.
~Tammy~

Anonymous said...

I had to have hernia surgery after my hysterectomy (did too much too soon). It was painful.

Praying for Elisabeth. :o)

Jenni said...

Oh, many (((HUGS))) Joanne. I'm familiar with those marbles. I hope Elisabeth feels on top of the world soon.

Anonymous said...

What kind of hernia is it? I had umbilical hernia surgery back in 2000. Then I had two more babies and ruined it. I'll be praying for her, she'll be just fine and you'll take good care of her :)