Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The First Day Of Summer

Thursday May 28th, 2009
I slept in this morning. I was very tired last night, but that didn't keep me from staying up late. After watching the Denver Nuggets lose to the L.A. Lakers, I watched the George Strait special. For those who don't know, while in North Carolina we went to a George Strait concert. Did I mention how much I love George Strait's music?

And then I stayed up later, just because I can. Today is the first day of summer vacation. No getting up at 6:15a.m. to an alarm clock. No lunches to pack. Blissful sleep.

Tuesday June 2, 2009
It doesn't feel like summer. It is 46 degrees outside and raining.

3 comments:

gretchen from lifenut said...

No. Kidding. We went out the door this morning wearing coats, jeans, long sleeves (they are in school until next week...)

YUCK.

The boys' field day was cancelled today, rescheduled for Thursday. I hope it actually happens. It's supposed to be snowing in the mountains, too.

Truth said...

With all of this rain,I was thinking about field days. But I thought most kids were out already.

I remember many rainy, cold field days, but sheesh, this is ridiculous-45 degrees.

Heth said...

Dang it.