Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Truth Tuesday

I started to write a Monday Musings, but realized it was Tuesday. What can I do for Tuesday? How about Truth Tuesday? Just for fun, I'm going to list ten truths and 1 untruth. See if you can figure out which one is not true.

1. Growing up, I was painfully shy.
2. I've never shoplifted.
3. I had a pet boa constrictor snake and carried him around in my shirt pocket until he got too big.
4. On a first date with this guy, I stepped off a curb, and fell face down in a parking lot, scraping the skin off of my nose. The guy was laughing so hard, he didn't even help me up. And I was dumb enough to go out with him again.
5. In junior high, I set a school trash can on fire.
6. One of my kids was born with a knot in her umbilical cord.
7. I've walked naked on the beach before.
8. I don't have a favorite child, even if my kids think I do.
9. In high school, I asked my boyfriend if I could hold the keys to his Camaro. My girlfriend and I drove it to McDonald's for lunch, even though she couldn't drive a stick and I didn't have a license. I shifted while she worked the clutch. That boy must have trusted me.
10. I've fallen asleep at the movie theater before. Okay, more than once.
11. I love escargot, but haven't eaten it in almost 30 years.

12 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Hmmm... The untruth would be either setting fire to the trash can, or walking naked on the beach, IMO. I think I will guess the second as the lie.

Thanks for the hint on muffling the sound on the %#@&%%$ toys. Great idea! And I have tape!

~Tammy~

cmhaws said...

#7 lie

Michael Haws said...

Yeah, I'd bet #7 is a lie.

Michael (hubbie)

Mylinda said...

I say #2- never shoplifted is untrue. lol THis is fun! Do we get a prize?? Huh? Huh? Do we?? lol I get entertained so easily....sad, but true. lol

Melanie said...

Oh, boy! I don't know, but one of my kids was born with a true knot in his umbilical cord, too.

Heth said...

This is HARD! I'm going with number 3.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you may have some explaining to do!! lol

I say #7. Can't wait for the answer!!!

Christina said...

oh my silly brother, i'm sure #7 is true, you're not taking into consideration toddler years vacations on the beach in Cali. #8 is most definitely a lie, even if unintentional. The answer is #11

Mother Mayhem said...

I'm going to say #10. :o)

Lauren said...

alright, you've got me but i'm going with #4. i just hope there is no human being out there who wouldn't help you up XOXO

Lauren

Sheryl said...

this is my first time here!! sure wish i knew enough about you to guess. (however i am guessing number 10)

gretchen from lifenut said...

I'm guessing #5 is a lie.

You've had a very interesting life if NINE of those are true, Joanne!