Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Even a fool...

Sorry I've been absent. It isn't like I haven't sat at the computer every single day and started a post. I have. So what has kept me quiet? Some things are better left unsaid. I'll show you what I mean.

1) A certain, selfish someone that I'm so angry with I want to slap some sense into him. (Nobody in my family. Gosh, I could never be that mad at my flesh and blood.)

"There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, But the tongue of the wise promotes health." Proverbs 12:18

2) Life changes and decisions that wouldn't be flung out in a casual conversation so why would I flip them out here?

"A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back." Proverbs 29:11

3) When I am waiting on an answer from the Lord, it is often best not to seek the advice of others. Too many voices can be confusing. (Sometimes getting wise counsel is the best. "Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety." Prov.11:14)

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him." Psalm 62:5

Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive. Proverbs 17:28

4 comments:

Kate said...

(((( Joanne ))))

I don't really know what to say, but I didn't want to read and then walk away without commenting.

I care about you & I hope you get answers that bring you a measure of peace.

~Tammy~ said...

thank you for this post... I was ready to just scream on my blog... but the scriptures you posted has kept me rightly quiet.

My world shifted on its axis today. My family, especially DS#1 need prayers. Thank you for yours, and for the timely words... ~Tammy~

Heth said...

Oh Joanne, I completely understand your silence. I'm praying for you.

Psalm 62:5 is one I have had posted over my kitchen sink this whole year.

Lisa said...

(((Joane)))
Whatever is weighing on you, I hope you get God's answer, wisdom and comfort.