Monday, October 26, 2009

Ahhhh....

Do you see this man?


He is brilliant. His employer chose to acknowledge his creative ability. In honor of his outstanding achievement, he was was given a special inventors award:


In order to receive it, he had to attend an award's ceremony at a fancy hotel.


This is the view of the courtyard from the room's balcony.


Opposite the courtyard is this spectacular view. Yes, that is the Pacific Ocean. And the best part? He enjoyed the benefit of bringing his wife on this breathtaking excursion.

We left Denver last Wednesday. It was snowing. That evening, in Huntington Beach, we watched the sun go down. The temperature was in the 70's.

The award's ceremony was the next day. I wish I had pictures. I was so proud of Michael, butI left my camera in the room along with my purse. I couldn't bother carrying a bag, while wearing a sparkly new outfit. (Yes, it glittered.) We looked spectacular together. (I can say that since we don't have contrary evidence.)

We spent 5 glorious days and 4 nights in the beach front hotel. And guess who else we met up with?


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats again, Mike. And Congrats to you Joanne for marrying such a brilliant man. We wish we could have been there, as was so cruelly suggested in several FB posts. Next time, next time, next time. Next time we go to Florida, I wish you both could be there.
Larry
PS. Wouldn't be great if blog comments could be spell checked so I don't look like an ignorant dofus. Or even better, I wish I could learn how to spell without spell check.

Anonymous said...

oh Joanne what a great post. He is brilliant and you are so sweet.
love janice

cmhaws said...

Dad you da MAN

Heth said...

Congratulations Michael! What a great prize. I'm glad it required a glittery outfit. I wish there were photos!

Back to the snow?

Betty and Ed Haws said...

That's our son ! ! ! Great guy and we are so proud of him .

Mom an Dad Haws

Lauren said...

The trip looks/sounds like it was great! What an honor followed by some good fun!