Sunday, February 14, 2010

What Day Is It?


As little kids do, when I was little, I believed the tallest person must be the oldest. In my family, it was mostly true too. This came to mind when I looked at this photo. (And if I remember, I think I'm wearing heels, as per usual.)

Now I have to show you the photo I cropped my mom, dad, and myself from:


See? I'm the youngest. (My brother isn't in this photo, he's truly the oldest since he is taller than dad.)

Hahahaha.

Ok, this post isn't about all of this nonsense. I pulled this picture because I wanted to wish my dad a very Happy Birthday. Happy 71st Dad!

Thank-you for being the wonderful, caring, praying dad that you are. Thank-you for the love & energy you give to mom, your kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids. Allowing grandkids to live in your house takes a special kind of grandpa. And I know you and mom have not only invested time & money to your family, but you've invested yourselves.

For your birthday, I'm sending you a blessing; blessings of renewed vision & strength to continue in God's plan. From Psalm 71, since this is your 71st:

" O God, You have taught me from my youth;
And to this day I declare Your wondrous works.
Now also when I am old and grayheaded,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come." (Psalm 71:18-19)

And from Proverbs 14, since you were born on the 14th:

"In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence,
And His children will have a place of refuge.
The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life,
To turn one away from the snares of death.

Happy Birthday Dad, and enjoy your dinner with the rest of the family.

I love you!

No comments: