Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Green Poster Board

Silly me. I should have known better. With Hilary's senior prom this Saturday, I mistakenly believed they were breaking from tradition and not displaying senior collages at this event. Every parent who has had a child graduate from high school knows that sometime in the spring of the year, you gather photographs of your child's 18 or 19 years of life and make a collage out of them.

From past experience times 4, I have found if I work very diligently, I can put together something nice in about 2 weeks. But that is with a lot of thought, effort, tears, laughter,reminiscing over each and every photo, and thoughts of "how did so much time fly by???" Then comes the task of uploading digital photos onto a memory card to make prints at the local photo department, along with copies of the pre-digital pictures I've gathered. Lovingly, the photos are cropped, captioned, and mounted on a piece of poster board. At this point, I run to Kinkos. I wait to have my hard work laminated before dropping it off at the school because it is most likely the day it is due.

Somehow I missed the memo for this year, hence the silliness. But I was wrong. The soft green posterboard came home today. The project is due on Thursday. Yes TOMORROW! So maybe you will see me again late Thursday or Friday.

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

EEK!

Cheering you on!

I know you can do it! :o)