Sunday, August 08, 2010

Hmmm...

Have you ever had God ask you to do something that seems odd? You say, "okay, I'll do that." But at the same time you think, "hmmm...I know there must be a purpose. This is weird. I don't understand it, but I'll do it nonetheless. But, this is a strange request."

I imagine Abraham felt something similar when God told him to sacrifice his son Isaac on the altar. "Okay, God. But, geez, I waited a very long time for your promise that I would have a son. In fact, so long that I sort of took matters into my own hands to help you out. Then, when I least expect it, like when I'm very old, and my wife is like really old, you give us this kid Isaac. And now you want me to sacrifice him??? Like I said, okay. But I really don't get it."

So, my response is: "okay God. I'll do it. And shortly, I hope to be amazed as to WHY you want me to do this."