Monday, September 06, 2010

Flashbacks 3

These pics were taken in good ol' photobooths. Haven't seen one for awhile. Maybe they are extinct. Back in the day, I was amazed by the technology.

Really not so different from digital. While at the mall, you want a snapshot of the moment. Instead of using a cell phone, you hop in a curtained booth, freeze a pose, wait for a series of camera clicks, hang out 3 minutes, and voila! You hold nearly-instant photographs in your hand, rather than on your phone. You can quick share by handing them to whomever is standing nearby.

Sweet.

In the first series I must have been 15. That cute kid is my nephew. He has a baby of his own now. I'm wondering what I did after the first picture. Poor thing, sitting on my lap one moment, the next? Did I drop him to the floor or push his head down?

Maybe that is why I look so serious.

From experience, I learned if I smiled to too big the flash off my teeth was blinding. Talk about a shiny grill...guess I was a little before my time.

Here I am with the same nephew, Michael. I loved that kid and spent a lot of time with him.
I have no idea whose pickup truck I'm sitting in, but just about everyone drove a pickup truck in high school.

When I see Michael today, I'm going to take my picture with him.

1 comment:

cmhaws said...

They do have the photobooths in all the subway stops in Seoul