Monday, November 15, 2010

You Just Never Know

Christina called me this afternoon. She had just picked Ethan up from school. He was running a fever. She had to leave class early and now has to make up that time. I have no idea how she has the energy for classes, clinicals, being a mom to Ethan and everything else. She sounded exasperated.

Ethan seemed fine when she picked him up. She said he wasn't acting like he was sick. But while we talked, she noticed he did seem to not be feeling so great. She told me the story of how the school figured out he was sick.

For some reason, he had passed by one of the office staff. He didn't smile. This was out of character for him. They checked his temperature. Sure enough. He was running a fever. I'd say that is a good school that they know him well enough to recognize when he is not himself.

This makes me smile. Well, except that Ethan is sick. And Hilary is sick. Sigh. But let's look at the bright side.

No comments: