Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Countdown Begins

I was thinking of doing a 2 week countdown to our trip, or at least a 10 day one. This morning I decided to figure out what day I needed to start. Well, that would be a week ago. Or at the very least 2 days back. I now have 7 days, 17 hours, and 17 minutes until the plane takes off with me in it. (And at this moment those numbers really are the exact. I did NOT make them up.)

What this really means is: I won't be losing 15 lbs. before my departure. Which really means: I have nothing to pack, nothing to wear. Oh my word! How exciting this trip is going to be, it really and truly means I can take an almost empty suitcase and come back with lots of souvenirs. Either that or I'll be wearing the same two outfits the entire time I'm there-or going naked.

I am not going naked...not one single day. Aren't you glad to hear that?

Thank-you all who took my bathtub poll. Your answers confirmed my own thoughts on the subject. Consequently, I won't be having a bathroom remodel while I'm out of the country. Come on, nobody does that. Oh yes they do! My neighbors had a wall torn out, their kitchen completely remodeled, a bathroom, and I can't remember what else. While the destruction/construction was taking place, they spent 6 weeks in Australia. I kid you not. They came home to a completed house. How cool would that be?

I couldn't afford to do both anyway. But I can dream.

Speaking of dreams, I have a dream. In my dream, nobody is sick. I don't wake up to 4 urgent phone messages/texts or emails needing me to call/text/skype ASAP. I won't hear about an early morning ER visit from the dorm kid. Instead I'll hear all is well, she had a wonderful night studying, then sleeping, and getting an amazing grade on her test.

I won't hear that my Londoner needs surgery and wonder if it can wait until she gets home or if it will be done in a foreign country with a national health care system. Instead I will hear of her travels to Ireland & Scotland. I will meet up with her in a few weeks and see the sights with her, without worrying about things like surgery.

In my dream, there are no coughs or doctor visits that might prevent my mother-in-law from traveling. No fever, severe pain or trips to the emergency room because nobody can figure out what is causing it. Both Elisabeth's will wake up and forget what it feels like to be sick instead of not being able to remember a day when all was well.

If my dream goes well, we'll meet up with our Korean couple kids, and try new foods and hear them tell about their decisions about coming home.

I have not heard from my grandson or daughter this week. Not once. I sure hope that means not only that all is well, but that life is grand and good.

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

Praying your dream comes true! :o)