Thursday, April 05, 2012

Happy Birthday Christina!

Christina, my firstborn, you gave me the gift of being a mom 31 years ago today at 5:04 p.m.  Gazing into my tiny 5 pound 6 ounce newborn's beautiful blue eyes, I wondered who you would be.  What would your personality be and how in the world was I going to care for you and help you to become all God intended for you.

You were as perfect as a baby can be.  I had no idea how compliant and accomodating you were, until your siblings came along.
You were a quiet, helpful, reflective child who nurtured and watched out for all of her baby sisters and brother.  You set the standard high for them to follow after you.  Thank-you!
As a toddler, you were tough, keeping up with your cousin Michael and earning the nickname "BamBam" from Uncle Larry.  Your strength and courage have continued to grow as you encountered obstacles and tackled life's challenges.

As a mom, you've achieved a new level of what it means to walk in grace, 

to stand strong, 

and go where no man has gone. (Okay, slight exaggeration on that last point.)

You bring balance to life and joy to my heart.  I love you and am so proud of you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elisabeth said...

I LOVE YOU CHRISTINA!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Unknown said...

Bamm - Bamm ??? Oh yeah, I do remember that. But the nickname was given with a very loving heart.
Many More Christina,
Uncle Larry

Truth said...

I need to find some pics from way back then with Michael, Uncle Larry and Christina.