Friday, May 25, 2012

Eighty-Five

No, it's not the new speed limit, although I know a few people who would be very happy if this was true.  Eighty-five is the number of years celebrated yesterday by this lovely lady:

Happy Birthday, to my mom-in-law.  Thank-you for the courage it took to move to Colorado after living in Arizona for 44+ years and now sharing our home.  You've given nothing but love and encouragement the past 29 years I've known you.

I recall as a young mom you said something like, "you young mom's are so clever, I never would have thought of doing it that way."  In the back of my mind I couldn't help but wonder if you were really thinking, "boy, I would have never done it that way."  I felt you sincerely meant it.  Either way, you spoke positive, affirming words into my life.
Thank-you for sharing your son with me and for the privilege of being a part of your family.  If it wasn't for your wonderful son, you and I wouldn't have met.  Nor would I have the lovely sisters-in-law that I do.  Of course their families and the cousins are included in that.  What a blessing we share!

 "May the Lord bless you and keep you.  May He shine His face upon you and be gracious to you.  May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you His peace."

No comments: