Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Year End Review Part 1

Michael and I were in Arizona the month of January. We spent one day walking down memory lane.

This is the airport where we first met. I shared the story here. We visited our former high schools, and the houses that both of us lived in from 10 years old to adulthood.

Michael's old house, old school, and a place teens used to park with a view.

My high school, the same Phoenix Skyline, and the house where I grew up. That far left window was my bedroom. I occasionally have nightmares where I'm in that room, and someone is peeking in that window. I can never get the curtains closed. The glass is usually cracked so I'm afraid the creepy person will come in and get me.  At some point, both homes had grass lawns. Someone must have realized, this is the desert.

I flew home for 10 days to spend with our youngest, Hilary, who had her wisdom teeth extracted. It was a fun time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhcsR38EYxA

Upon my return to Arizona, we spent time with family
And learned my sister-in-law Jeri was diagnosed with breast cancer.
In March, my sister-in-law, Sue surprised me with a trip to San Diego.  The week of my birthday, I went sailing for the first time, slept on the boat, had great fun with her family and friends. I loved every minute of it.

A week later I took Hilary to Arizona for her birthday.
Elisabeth and Ryan came along.
 We stayed with family and visited the brewery where my nephew Nick is the brewmaster.
 He is the one in the middle on the left. Incidently, on this trip he and his wife announced not only that they were pregnant, but expecting twins.
 In March, Ethan and Danny ran their first race together.



 I'm so thankful Ethan has such a great dad.


Truthfully,
Joanne
"I honestly expect and hope that I will never do anything to be ashamed of. Whether I live or die, I always want to be as brave as I am now and bring honor to Christ." (Phil. 1:20)

No comments: