Monday, March 03, 2014

Merry Monday Morning

Last night I was browsing my blog in an attempt to figure out when an event happened. Much like a journal or diary, in the years I blog regularly, life information is saved. An account of sorts is kept. I can flip to June of 2006 and see what was in my thoughts or at least what I felt like sharing.  I was 23 pounds thinner that June.

I ran across a bucket list from March of 2010. I was dismayed when I read it:

1. Spend some time at an orphanage in another country. Possibly Uganda.
2. Rock the babies and children at aforementioned orphanage and pray over them.
3. Eat thick, chewy, crusty, pan pizza, filled with gluten and the toppings of my choice.
4. Go to a George Strait Concert. (Again)
5. Visit New York in the winter.
6. Stay overnight in a tall New York hotel, and watch snow falling down on the busy city.
7. Lose a few pounds.
8. Volunteer at a hospital again.

9. Take piano lessons and really learn to play.
10. Bless a stranger abundantly.



I haven't accomplished a single one.

 I suppose I could pick up the phone, call the local pizzaria and stuff myself with gooey, glutenous pizza. Then take a red pen and draw a line straight through number three as if I'd accomplished a life long dream. I should have clarified, when I made the list, that I wanted to eat thick crust pizza WITHOUT getting sick.  It doesn't appeal to me anymore. I can cross it out as "lost interest." It's time to make a more realistic bucket list.

In the midst of my research, I discovered I can also cross off number 4.  In 2011, I saw George Strait live in concert.  In my disappointment of not being able to get tickets for his upcoming concert in Denver, it slipped my mind. It was 4 days after we returned from our around-the-world trip.  Why wasn't THAT on my bucket list?

Truthfully,
Joanne

"Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick,    but a sudden good break can turn life around." (Prov. 13:12 MSG)

2 comments:

cmhaws said...

I have GREAT NEWS - you have many many more years to complete these items on your bucket list. With that being said, CARPE DIEM! Choose one and chase it :)

~Tammy~ said...

I would say you HAVE blessed a stranger abundantly. ME! I have been VERY blessed by you!