Friday, April 25, 2014

No Greater Joy

What are the greatest joys a parent can experience? 


An exhausted one might say a sleeping baby. (Josiah is on the left, Ivydee on the right.)
An older parent might say the blessing of grandchildren is their greatest joy.

I do agree about grandchildren, but one of my greatest joys as a parent came this past month.
On Sunday, April 6th, I had the privilege of worshiping at the church my daughter & son-in-law attend.
 On that day, my youngest grandson, Josiah, was dedicated to the Lord.
 Elisabeth, Sarabeth, & Travis also joined us.

On Sunday, April 13th, I had the privilege of worshiping at the church my son and daughter-in-law attend.
For 9 days I took daily walks with these two.
On Good Friday, April 18th, I attended church with Hilary, who had invited Ryan & his family.
We watched the Easter Drama of the death & resurrection of Christ.
There is no greater joy than being able to worship alongside my adult children & and their children in a church where they have found a home. Or watching my grandson Ethan, grasp the hand of everyone around the table to pray and knowing God understands every word he says.

Truthfully,
Joanne

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Keep these words in your heart that I am telling you today. Do your best to teach them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.” (Deut. 6:5-7)

No comments: