Monday, September 22, 2014

In Search Of Fall

 Being the last day of Summer, I needed to be outdoors.

I spent the day searching for signs of Fall.

Let's be honest, Autumn is my least favorite season of all.

 This isn't a secret. I've expressed my thoughts many times.

 I've spent countless hours analyzing what the real reason is that I hate Fall and have come up with an astounding number of theories-none of which I will attempt to explain in this post.

Why is Fall/Autumn the only season that is known by two names? Fall feels frightfully fickle.

One day it is splendidly sunny, the next day bitter winds blow the beautiful leaves to the ground.

One day flowers blossoms are blooming beautifully, the next they are frozen from frost.  Tomatoes ripening on the vine, shrivel and shrink.

Okay, these tomatoes were pulled from the vine and "sun-dried" before Fickle Fall could sneak up and steal them from me. They turned out lovely and had the same colors as the Autumn leaves.

Maybe just maybe, I enjoy just a hint of this season.  Someone asked what I looked forward to most about Fall. Was it the colors, pumpkin flavored everything, the crisp, cool weather, or maybe enjoying a nice warm fire. I believe my answer to what I look forward to most in Autumn is Winter!

Truthfully,
Joanne 

"Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near" (Mark:13:28)

No comments: