Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Happy Birthday Favorite Daughter-in-Law

Happy Birthday Lauren! You will always be my favorite daughter-in-law. It's been more than 12 years since I first suspected you might become my favorite. How well I remember Christopher's senior year of high school.

Typically around midnight, before heading to bed, I'd walk past the bedrooms of each of my kids. Most nights I found Christopher on the phone. "Christopher, get off the phone!" I'd hiss. "Who are you talking to so late at night?" The answer was always the same, "Lauren." He never seemed to mind that I got angry. I knew whomever he was talking to must have been worth it.

You were the first one to marry into our family. What a joy it was to see you go from the fun loving, always up for adventure girlfriend, to the devoted wife who gave strength, beauty, and order to Christopher's life. I knew you were the blessing I'd prayed for all those many years. You and Christopher complement one another very well.

Two summers ago, I watched you become a mom for the first time.

I knew the two of you would be loving, faithful, thoughtful parents but what a delight to see you in action. You've always exceeded my expectations.

I am excited to see your family grow. Your new little one should arrive in the next couple of weeks.

 Ivydee will be a great big sister. Her mama has prepared her well.

I love you Lauren, happiest of birthdays.

Truthfully,
Joanne

"Your wife shall be contented in your home. And look at all those children! There they sit around the dinner table as vigorous and healthy as young olive trees." (Ps. 128:3)

3 comments:

cmhaws said...

Thanks ma, I'm rather fond of her myself

Elisabeth said...

Happy birthday sister!!! I love you!

Dorcas said...

What a lovely post! :D