Thursday, October 01, 2015

Sacred Moments

Sacred: worthy of or regarded with reverence, awe, or respect.

A sacred moment is a most precious, intimate space and time that can't be shared with anyone else. I'm choosing to share them anyway. These are God moments when all I can do is silently praise Him, as no words will do justice.

Holding a newborn in your arms, knowing they are fresh from God.

Seeing my seventh grandchild, in the womb, healthy, it's a girl! (Even if it was an ultrasound photo on my phone. It was almost as if I was there.)



Sisters

Alone in the dark of the night, watching the super blood moon eclipse, knowing God has numbered our days and our nights.

Sharing a memory with my dad that only he and I remember, via emails.


Sitting in church with my son, listening to a testimony of God's sustaining love in the darkest hours; tears streaming down our faces.


Arriving at Elisabeth's apartment; Beckham's squeals and smiles when he sees me.


Joy as the date is set for wedding dress shopping with Hilary. Sadness that Michael's mom will miss it.

Holding Michael's hand, while sitting in church, such love.




Truthfully,
Joanne

 "As he listens, his secret thoughts will be laid bare, and he will fall down on his knees and worship God, declaring that God is really there among you." (1 Cor. 14:25)


1 comment:

~Tammy~ said...

I love this post. You captured the essence of sacred moments.