Monday, January 04, 2016

A New Year

I love the beginning of the year. It feels fresh, new, full of possibility. I love the cold, the snow, wearing boots. Many complain about how crazy busy the gym gets, but I enjoy the enthusiasm of those with new memberships. They push themselves, they sweat, they struggle, they high-five when they finish. January is a time for new beginnings.

I'm ready to push past my comfort zone. I'm ready to embrace the new. I'm ready to walk on water...well maybe the frozen kind. I sense I've had a year of rest, a year of reflection, a time of births and new beginnings for my children. They will continue to experience growth, maturity. So will I.

The beauty of newly fallen snow is a timely reminder of God's grace and goodness. Though are sins be as scarlet, he will wash them white as snow. We have a clean slate, a fresh start.
Let's get up, step up, and look up.

Truthfully,
Joanne
“Come now, and let us reason together,”Says the Lord,“Though your sins are like scarlet,They shall be as white as snow; (Is. 1:18)

No comments: