Sunday, April 17, 2016

Catching Up

It's been awhile. So much happening. So many changes.

Towards the end of March, Ethan was here for 10 days for his spring break.The weather didn't always cooperate.

 Because it was last minute, I wasn't terribly prepared with activities for him.

He is such a joy. He has matured in so many ways.
In April, both Ethan and Josiah were here for 4 days. It was Josiah's first time overnight with Gramma and Grandpa.

He did wonderfully. He was a snuggler, which typically he isn't.

 So fun to get to know him better on his own.


The last day they were here, Ethan was able to play with the neighborhood kids. I cried.

He enjoys a version of "cops & robbers" with his aunts and uncles. 

That day, Ben and Grace both willingly played along with him.

A little later two more boys joined the fun with nerf guns. Ethan had friends that interacted with him.

They shot at the bad guys. They protected their turf.

They chased each other. I cried. I want Ethan to have friends like this every day of his life.


The following weekend, we went to Colorado Springs to celebrate my oldest daughter's birthday. I have been a mom for 35 years.


That's almost 2/3 of my life. What joy to see Christina grow from a sweet, compassionate, smart little girl into a very wise, intelligent, thoughtful, hard-working, creative mom.

It's a busy, blessed life. I couldn't be more thankful for my family and the rich full life.


Truthfully,
Joanne

"Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence."

No comments: