Friday, January 13, 2017

2017


Two thousand seventeen flew in with the flurries of snow, almost unnoticed. While many were flinging 2016 out with the bath water, I barely began my thankful reflection when the storm clouds swept away my thoughts. The year broke ground before I could catch my breath.

Change comes quickly. One day I'm welcoming a newborn grandbaby into the world. Two weeks later, while celebrating the upcoming birth of another a collision occurs. The joy of new birth and new life collides with casualty. The casualty is great, but could be worse. Much worse. But what might have been does not take away the sting of the new reality.

Before I could make purposeful resolutions or goals for 2017, life changing plans began to procreate. I'm trying to catch my breath and keep up.

"Then the light of my blessing will shine on you like the rising sun. I will heal you quickly. I will march out ahead of you. And my glory will follow behind you and guard you. That’s because I always do what is right." Is. 58:8


No comments: