Saturday, October 07, 2017

Seasons

October, how did we get here? The days are hazy, blurred together. Is summer really over?

The sun is setting. Darkness on the horizon. Brilliant colors, proclaiming death is on the way.

Shorter days, darkness descends, I'm not ready to let go.

Look, beautiful flowers, leaves changing to red, gold, yellow and hues of Autumn mix.

Darker and darker comes the night.

Where are the long, bright days of summer, so filled with life?

Death is upon us. Cold, dark, dreary. I shake it off, as if I could.

It's cold. Shadows long. Leaves blowing, crackling in the wind.

I hate you Fall. You can't fool me. You blow in cold, dreary, darkness, death.

I hang on to summer with all my might. I can't. I will embrace the blinding light of winter snow, but for now, I suffer dark.


No comments: