Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love At First Sight

He smiles when I walk in the door. As we talk, I see a spark in his eyes. I know he loves me.

His embrace is warm and inviting. It's like hugging a big teddy bear.

His hands are soft and gentle. I know I can go to him for comfort and support.

There's a ruggedness about him. Strength and character abound. I can count on him for always doing the right thing, no matter what it will cost him.

Was it love at first sight? I think it was. Even though the first time he saw me, he thought I looked like a shriveled up monkey without a tail. My dad loves me.

Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Dad with greatgrandson Ethan)

4 comments:

Heth said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! (It's my dad's birthday today too. Wierd)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to Dad!

A shriveled up monkey without a tail? You must post a baby picture now! *LOL*

I wish I had that kind of relationship with my dad... *Sigh*

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joanne, you always say the nicest things about me. I will enjoy the gifts you sent, they were very good choices.
Love, Dad

Truth said...

Thanks Dad! I hope you had a birthday as great as you are.