Thursday, March 12, 2020

Happy Birthday To Me!

I had to cancel my birthday. You know, the Corona Virus, Covid 19. I have never planned a birthday party for myself but this year I thought it would be fun to have a party for the grandkids. Sweetie Aspen asked if I was going to have balloons at my birthday. That was when the idea came to me. Of course we are having balloons, and games and prizes and party bags.

But Covid 19 happened.

Last year I canceled my birthday. Well, not exactly but we had that crazy snow thing nobody had ever heard of. The Bomb Cyclone of 2019, March 13th. Last year, on March 12th, I posted this on Facebook:

I was sitting on my porch at 65 degrees enjoying the beautiful weather and waiting for Ethan’s school bus. I'm thinking finally its spring and opened some windows in my house. All of the sudden I’m hearing reports of this huge storm canceled flights school closings etc. I check the local news and they are expecting a “bomb blizzard”???? What in the world?

In 2015, my mother-in-law was dying and passed 2 days later. We skipped my birthday that year too. Didn't feel much like celebrating.

I want to be 50 again. In 2012, we had quite the celebration. I looked back at pictures and I laughed a lot. But if I went back to 50 I'd go back to having only 1 grandchild instead of almost 13! I guess I will just skip the birthday til I can just have a regular party with the grands.




Happy Birthday To Me.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5

2 comments:

Sarabeth said...

Happy birthday! We will have a fun party when we can all get together!

Admin said...

Hands down, Apples app store wins by a mile. Its a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but Im not sure Id want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.
Hello, I found this blog via google, just thought you might want to know!
wiadomosci aktualnosci tresci informacje newsy aktualnosci informacje blog przeczytaj newsy dla ciebie nowe iformacje nowosci aktualnosci sprawdz to naklejki scienne
obst und gemüsereiniger