Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Therapy

My grandson, Ethan, has started horseback riding therapy. I am sure there is a more official name, but it is riding a horse. He has been very motivated and within the first few minutes began signing "walk on" to the horse since he can't say it. He doesn't have his glasses this week as he fell and broke them, but doesn't he look so very proud of himself?

I am so thankful for God's creation. Ethan loves animals and the first time he crawled was trying to reach the dog, as were his first steps. The first word he signed was "dog." I'm hoping one day he can get a service dog to be his constant companion. I know that would be heaven for him.

3 comments:

Heth said...

Oh he is just BEAMING! So sweet.

My parents have horses and my dad gives rides to a young lady with some disabilities ever Saturday. She has been riding there for probably seven or eight years now. She adores the horses.

Truth said...

Oh Heather, thanks for sharing that! What a blessing that must be for her.

Melany aka Supermom said...

How cute is he!?