Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Good Friend

Have you ever used this great little product? It was my best friend in each of my pregnancies. Photobucket - Video and Image HostingIt coats your insides to keep heartburn away. I drank it out of a little plastic medicine cup. Immediately afterwards I would rinse it and place it in the dishwasher. But in taking out the clean dishes I would find the little cup still coated with this magical substance and I'd scrub it again. I knew it was powerful stuff if it could withstand that level of cleaning, imagine how nicely it must coat my stomach.

Sunday night Sarabeth wasn't feeeling well. She'd performed the last night of her high school play "The Philadelphia Story." (She also learned she was allergic to stage makeup, but that is another post.) I decided what she needed was this lovely medicine to soothe and protect her insides, so poured her out a little cup. Upon returning to the kitchen, though, the bottle had disappeared. Oh my! I found an empty bottle next to a huge puddle of soft green liquid, seeping into and coating the wooden floor. Walking from the puddle were white/green, perfect little foot prints atop my dark red carpet. Oh it was sort of Christmasy, it would have made a lovely stamped wrapping paper. The sticky steps wound around the corner, through the living room, along the dining room, and back to the bedroom. Ah, my entire upstairs was decorated in soft green footprint motif. Knowing how great this product coats I will be enjoying this picture for quite some time. Never again will I buy a bottle of this minty fresh goo.

2 comments:

Heth said...

I'm sure that discovery made your stomach churn. Did it clean up ok?

Anonymous said...

What a good story this will be years from now. Hope it all cleans up easily!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a birthday wish. My day is a little more special because of it. :)