Monday, November 19, 2007

The Next Time

The next time I'm sick:

I won't wait 6 days for the medicine to start working.

I won't wait 6 days for the second medicine to start working.

When the prescription label lists possible side effects as "insomnia," I can be assured of 3-4 hours of sleep a night.

I'll remember that having empty hampers doesn't equate to having clean clothes.

I'll remember that I have a laundry chute where clothes mate and reproduce into an overabundance of very ripe, dirty laundry.

I'll check my calendar for important upcoming events like Thanksgiving.

I won't be grumpy when Michael says I look beautiful, and instead, I'll respond in kind.

Lastly, I will be thankful for my overall good health, my loving husband who is so very encouraging, for the 5 best kids in all the world, the cutest grandson ever, and will focus on how very blessed I am.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear you were so sick. It sounds like it was bad.

Hopefully you are feeling better and on the mend, ready for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

yikes ma, sorry to hear you were feeling so awful :\ what a bummer. Here is to that being the last sickness you'll have in 07 :) cheers!

Heth said...

You know I would do all that laundry for you if I could. Just FedEx it to me...with the pies.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Ann said...

Woohoo! God's getting you through it :)

Truth said...

Thanks all for the kind, encouraging words! Heather, what a great idea, next time that's what I'm going to do-be watching for the FedEx truck.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Feel better soon! Sending hugs! :o)

His Girl said...

I really really enjoyed this post! I think I could use that reminder list too!