Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Michael!

Today is Michael's birthday. He is 54 years. He surprised me yesterday. I walked into my bedroom and found my clothes neatly folded. Even my socks had been paired together. I honestly did not know how to react or what to say.

I've been doing my own laundry for at least 30 years. I cannot recall a time someone folded my laundry so neatly and laid it on my bed to be put away. Occasionally, one of my kids has hung up a few things that were left in the dryer when they wanted to use it. Or they've tossed my clothes into a basket. But here were my things, very neat and tidy.

Who is this man? At one time in our marriage, I asked him what I could do to make him happy, what things made him feel special. His reply was, "keep my laundry clean, hung, and put away." (His Love Language is Acts of Service.) When I saw he'd folded my laundry, I was thrilled, but felt guilty at the same time. I should have been the one folding his.

Michael is forever showing me unconditional love, the kind the Father has for us. I love him so very much. Happy Birthday Michael!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy belated b-day, Michael! My oldest shares your b-day. :)

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a keeper to me! Hope it was the happiest birthday ever! :o)

Heth said...

Happy Birthday Michael!

PJ said...

Such a wonderful gift to you! Accept it with NO GUILT!! Even the caretakers need taken care of sometimes!

Melany aka Supermom said...

A belated happy birthday to your hubby!!!

Kristin said...

Oh, he sounds like a great man. Happy Birthday to him!