Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy 24th Anniversary to my sweetie!


(I wrote this on our 22nd anniversary. I'm using it again, but adding to it.)

Today, December 29th, Michael and I are celebrating out 24th anniversary. Sometimes our relationship seems so fresh, as if we are still honeymooning. At the same time, I can't remember life without him. I feel like we've finally reached the point in our relationship, that it only gets better with each day. And yes, there are still things I am learning about him, and new things to love about him. So in honor of this special occasion, here are 24 things I appreciate about Michael:

1. His smile. Whether he is smiling at one of the kids, grandson, or me, he has a smile that melts my heart.

2. His sense of humor. It pops up unexpectedly at times, and makes me laugh silly-usually when I am way too serious.

3. His way with finances. He is a genius. How else can you explain how we've managed all these years? When he didn't have a "job" for 2 years, we did great.

4. Along with finances, he is hard-working and creative.

5. Michael is not afraid to take risks.

6. He challenges me. Sometimes it doesn't seem endearing for the moment, but I am a better person for it. The first few years of marriage I was not thankful for this quality, but I am now. And yes, he still finds ways to get me to step out of my comfort zone.

7. I love that he tells me I'm the best thing that ever happened to him.

8. His sense of adventure. (I can't wait to see where it takes us when the kids are grown.)

9. He has learned to validate my feelings and listen. He doesn't try to fix everything for me.

10. The pride and joy in taking Ethan riding on the lawn mower.

11. I love that he is always up for trying new dishes and never criticizes my cooking. He'll try anything once, and if something is really distateful, he will comment, "It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you didn't want to make this one again."

12. Even though he says anything I cook is better than going out to eat, he takes me out anyway, so I get a break from cooking.

13. He will get my car washed and vacuumed, just because he loves me.

14. He never leaves his dirty clothes around. He picks up after himself. (I know women who would kill to have a husband with this quality.)

15. When I need him to run an errand, he does it in a timely fashion. I never have to ask twice.

16. He will admit when he is wrong.

17. He is courageous and will stop to ask for directions.

18. He takes care things I dislike doing, like phone calls, fixing things, etc.

20. I can't believe he tolerates the way I toss and turn in bed to get comfortable, but he never complains.

21. He is neat and tidy, but doesn't give me a hard time for not being so.

22. I so appreciate that his care for me, our children and grandson. His love shines through in all he does. He is my hero.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
23. Michael is a loving son. Since moving his mom and dad here, he has shown his devotion as a son.


24. His attention to details-he makes the bed so much nicer than I do.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

~Happy Anniversary!~

(#7 makes me melt!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. Hope your day was special.

Kellan said...

Hi Truth - so nice to meet you and I just loved this wonderful tribute to your husband - he sounds like a keeper to me!!!!! Happy 24th Anniversary - my husband and I just celebrated our 23rd in Nov. - good for you both!!! Hope you have had a good Holiday and enjoy your New Year. Hope to see you again soon. Kellan

Kellan said...

Truth or Joanne - not sure which you prefer - take care. Kellan

Jenni said...

Aw! Happy anniversary, Joanne and Michael!

Heth said...

Happy Belated Anniversary. I hope it was great!

Kristin said...

Oh, what a beautiful tribute -- can I clone him for my girls? I love what he says when he doesn't really like a new dish, LOL. Happy Anniversary!

As We Sail... said...

Having so much to say about your husband is also a tribute to you. It shows your deep love and how observant you are of him. He truly is the object of your love.

Anonymous said...

Hi Truth, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment at Ethan's World!

Congratulations to you both on 24 years! That's wonderful! It sounds like you have both found your soul mate, you're very lucky and I know you know it!

Happy New Year to you!

Ann said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a beautiful day!

His Girl said...

happy anniversary!!!!