Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wiiiii

Oh my, where have I been? Since the kids have been on break from school, I've taken a break from...well, just about everything. What have I been doing? I hate to admit it, but I've been playing a LOT of Guitar Hero III on the new Wii system. Did I mention a lot? On New Year's Eve we got together with Michael's cousin. Terry has been diagnosed with, well, I am not even sure he has a positive diagnosis yet. I set up a blog for them here. Anyway, we were discussing what we'd been up to when I was ratted out as to what I'd been doing. Hilary went so far as to say that we had this conversation, that I don't really recall. This is what she said:

"Yes, mom has been playing Guitar Hero a lot. We can hardly play at all. I woke up yesterday morning and there’s mom battling it out with the guitar. I asked her if I could play. You know what her response was??? 'Why don't you go get some breakfast or take a shower or something.' Seriously, that is what she told me."

Really, I don't remember this conversation.

Sigh. I think I'm addicted.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha lol, omg wow. I have been waiting to hear this; the first step is getting out of denial. And keep practicing mom, you'll be doing hard and hitting the orange key in no time ;)

Mylinda said...

Too funny, but sadly, I know exactly what you mean! lol We got an Xbox 360 for Christmas (previously we had a sad, delapidated nintendo 64) and the kids (and Dad) have been playing like crazy. BUT, just the other day, the kids were out playing, Dad was MIA, and the little guy was napping and where was mom??? Playing Open Season on Xbox....all day...and I mean for hours. Unbelievable! Me! Who doesn't even watch much TV and doesn't like too much competition. I think I sat there for like 5 hours, just playing and playing. But, hey, moms need a day off now and then, too, right?? lol Enjoy your guitaring! :-)
PS- I "think" the kids had lunch that day. yikes!

Lori said...

Hee-Hee, this is funny. We've gotten a little addicted over here too with the Wii and Rock Band. It's a lot of fun for everyone, even us older ones!!

Anonymous said...

How funny! I bought a Wii on the spur of the moment when I picked up the one my son had ordered. I had just been playing the Wii Sports, and my hubby has been addicted to tennis...then my son brought over Guitar Hero III - wow! I'm not good at that, but I am totally addicted to Lego Star Wars, which was a Christmas gift from my daughter and her hubby!

Heth said...

That is hilarious. Same deal here though. Nothing is more pathetic than hogging the Wii from your 4 year old. *hangs her head*

Ann said...

CHRISTOPHER~you HAVE to take a picture of your mom rocking out and somehow smuggle it onto this blog!! heeheehee!

Melanie said...

LOL You're too funny!

dlyn said...

What a hoot! Our younger daughter and her husband were packing to come up for the holidays and offered to bring their system and Guitar Hero and I told them to leave it home - I know I would addcited in about 5 minutes flat!

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHA! :o)

Anonymous said...

OH don't worry, my sisters have video of my mom playing, I just have to convince them that putting the video on youtube wouldn't "mean"

Truth said...

Christopher, don't listen to Ann. She really doesn't want to see a video or a picture for that matter. Besides, I saw a couple of those videos I was in my pajamas.

Thanks everyone, for not making me feel like I was the only "bad mom."

Lego Star Wars? I probably don't even want to know what that is, lol. I'm going to have to go back to real life soon.

Jenni said...

I've never gotten into the big game systems; I'm just no good. BUT my DH got me a little DS for Christmas because I admired the "brainage" games, and I tell you the thing is like my little pet now. It's just too cute and addictive!

Ann said...

Okay, okay, since you were in your jammies I'll let it go this time heehee :)

Kristin said...

Oh, my kids have been wanting one of those -- maybe it's a good thing to wait! Funny.