Monday, January 21, 2008

Following Directions?

Didn't I write a post about following directions?

Tonight I noticed my antibiotics on the counter. I take them at night to avoid stomach distress. My doctor had presribed a longer than average dosage, but it seemed like I'd been taking them a long time. I should be close to finishing. I poured the contents into my hand. I counted. Sixteen capsules left. How could that be? I was certain she'd prescribed a two week dosage of pills.

Sure enough. She had. I somehow misread the directions. It read 1 capsule TWICE a day, not the once a day I'd been taking them. No wonder this sinus infection is still with me.

It really is important to read and follow directions.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I really think that Twinkies are the root cause of all of your sinus troubles! ;)

Kellan said...

Oh No! I am notorious for not reading the directions - it is always a good thing to read the directions. I hope you catch up now - get better. See you soon. Kellan

Earen said...

Ah yes...sometimes I have to re-read those directions so many times & have been guilty myself of getting it wrong. Hope you feel better soon.

Jenni said...

Oh dear, Joanne! Baking is one thing, but taking medication is a bit more serious, LOL!

Hope the infection takes the hint now and LEAVES for good!

Anonymous said...

Bless you! Sounds like something I'd do! :o)