Friday, February 08, 2008

Random Thoughts

Why do kids wait until right before bedtime to mention they are supposed to bring snacks to school the next day?

When and why do people start drinking coffee? Is it possible to begin at age 54? Michael is doing just that-sitting here having a cup of hot coffee with me for the first time ever. How cool is that after nearly 25 years of marriage? Oh, and he is much older than I.

Did I mention Ethan was here last weekend? I gave him the transformer valentine's I'd bought. We sat at the kitchen table playing something akin to paper dolls, except with cards printed with transformer guys. Ethan squeeled with delight as I did my best transformer voice imitiations. I thought we'd have to do that all day, until I took a quick break to check on his dog. I ran downstairs, let Dazy inside, gave her a treat, then ran back upstairs. In that short period of time, Ethan had ripped everyone of them into shreds. He looked to be having as much fun as he had playing paper transformer dolls. I let him continue ripping and tearing.

The $12 car wash isn't any better than the $6 one. In fact, I think my car looks much nicer at the cheaper price, especially when the roads are dry except for the snow in front of my house. As soon as I got home, slushy, snow splashed on what was a clean car.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Ann said...

I love it! Playing transformers with Ethan :) I'm impressed that you did the voices, those are some pretty deep voices.

It's fun to read posts with random thoughts.

Jenni said...

Too funny about the coffee! You didn't mention whether or not he enjoyed it, though!

And I'm impressed that you can do a transformer voice too, LOL...what a good gramma you are not to get all bent out of shape over the ripping and shredding.

PJ said...

Too fun!! Coffee drinking is an interesting phenomena. I've loved coffee for years. During and after chemo, I couldn't tolerate it. It just tasted and FELT terrible. When we were first married, my husband had worked in the copper mines. He couldn't tolerate the SMELL of my early morning coffee (Was that a problem???) We learned later that copper in the system creates some kind of allergy thing to coffee.

Is it a chemical balance/imbalance that impels us toward coffee???

Enjoy your new "togetherness" over a cup of coffee!!!

FLmom7 said...

Mmm, coffee...so what made him start drinking it now after all these years? And did he like it?

I've been drinking it since I was a teenager, but even as a child I'd steal sips of my parents' coffee when they weren't looking, lol. These days I mostly drink decaf, I can't handle caffeine the way I used to.

Oh, and I agree that the $6 carwash is much better than the $12 one...even better is when the kids wash it for free (they're getting wiser now and starting to ask for payment).

Lori said...

My kids also tell me at the last minute about such things, ugh!

Stop on by my place Joanne. I have something for you!