Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Let's see if I can quit having so much fun and get back in the swing of things. Last week Christina was sick, so I picked Ethan up and kept him for a few days. And his big dog. I had hoped Ethan wouldn't get sick, but he did. Suffice it to say, I was busy.

Paper bracelets. What do you think? I've decided they are an ideal accessory. I could have every color of the rainbow, add any design to match or coordinate with every single outfit I own. No more struggling with hard to do clasps. They are comfortable to wear. I can go to be without ever removing it. I can even shower while wearing. When it's time to change, I cut it off and put on a new one. These have to be cheap. Just think, I'd never have to worry about losing or damaging them either.

How cool are hand painted nail designs? I absolutely love them! I haven't mastered the art myself, but I figure if I had the proper tools. It is impossible to paint in fine detail without a tiny brush.

I wouldn't try to cut a large piece of meat with a paring knife or use a meat cleaver to slice a tomato.

With the correct tools and proper training, I could paint nail designs. But that wouldn't make me an artist.

Too often, I don't value the talents I have. I want to do or be something never intended for me. It is difficult to accept our weaknesses and sometimes even our strengths.

Growing up, I'd hear my mom telling others about us kids. She'd speak of our gifts and talents. The things she'd brag to others about me didn't seem that big of a deal because they came easy to me. I wanted to be like my sister. Mom would talk about her dancing ability, her social skills-things that didn't come naturally to me. They were a challenge for me, so they seemed like better gifts to have. I didn't realize she felt the same way and didn't see her talents as something special or unique to her. She wanted what I had.

Today's challenge: To appreciate the giftings of others and encourage them to seek after what they are passionate about. I want to express to them how valuable their particular gifting and talents are and how much I (and others) need them. But I will also value and appreciate everything that God has placed within me and try to use my talents and gifts for His glory.

7 comments:

His Girl said...

I love your challenge. I think I'll adopt it for my own today, if you don't mind of course.

excellent entry. well done!

Heth said...

You've been in the hospital? Did I miss something?

Beautiful nails. You could TOTALLY do that.

Jenni said...

Wonderful challenge!! It's so very very....challenging...

Kristin said...

Good challenge, even within my own family. How often do we do this? Cool nails, btw!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful nail! What's with the bracelet? You didn't mention that you were sick, too. Did I miss something.

Ann said...

That was my first thought too, "Was Joanne in the hospital?"

PJ said...

Great analogy. Thanks for the reminder! And...I love the nail art! I'm totally impressed that you could paint that. I'm at a loss with a little paint brush!