Friday, April 11, 2008

Sick

Tick, tick, tick...15 more minutes. I really would prefer to jump in the shower, but I can't just yet. In 14 minutes the doctor's office opens their phone lines. Does anyone else do this?


Mondays and Fridays are the worst. Come on, you moms know the routine. The child misses school. You wonder how sick she really is, just miss class sick, or go to the doctor sick. The next day she goes to school. Yes! But then she comes home looking like she should have stayed home again. You hope by the next morning, she will be bouncing out of bed so as not to miss any more school.


But as soon as you open the door to her room, you know she isn't going. The mom starts thinking she better take the kid in before the weekend. Time for the 8 o'clock marathon of punching the numbers on the phone. It's never as simple as dialing, then speaking with someone. You have to know the codes. I'm good at punching codes, I play video games, remember? (Ok, so guitar hero doesn't count.) After just the right sequence of digits, I get to idle away the next 15 minutes on hold. A good time to catch up on reading blogs.


But if I miss the 8 o'clock fun, then I have to do this all over again. I'm not playing this game Monday. I'd rather do it today. So if you live in the area, please don't try to call THAT doctor's office. I'd really like to get a shower before noon.

Updated: Hilary has pneumonia again and an ear infection

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear you! I can completely relate. And I am so sorry Hilary has pneumonia again~I'll be praying for her!

Heth said...

Aw MAN! I'm sorry Hilary is sick and I hope you two don't do too much fighting over Guitar Hero while she is home. :)

Anonymous said...

I have done that 'timing the phone call' trick too often.
Poor girl. I hope the meds will fix her up quickly

His Girl said...

pneumonia AND an ear infection?!?!?

RUDE!!!!

so sorry, sis!