Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Christopher!!!!

Happy 24th Christopher. This is the last birthday you will celebrate as Christopher. Next year it will be as Mr. & Mrs.


Over the next few days, I'm planning to share your birth story. I don't have much time today. I'm taking your sister to her college orientation, like you and I went, just 5 short years ago.


How did we get from here:

to here:

running to here:


biking to there:


zooming past 6th grade to here:

Ooops, I mean here as Uncle Chris:



and landing here:


and staying here:

I'm out of time, but I want you to know how proud I am of you son. You have one terrific future wife and she has an amazing soon-to-be husband. May this birthday find you radiating with the knowledge of how very much you are loved. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, your kindness, your work ethic, the way you encourage everyone around you, and your positive attitude. I could go on about your many good qualities, but I gotta run. Happy 24th Birthday Christopher. Love, Mom

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy birthday! What a cutie -- then and now. And SUCH a sweet picture of his birth. Sniff!! My oldest is almost 21 -- I can't imagine him getting married, but I know it's coming fast!

Anonymous said...

Mom, thank you so much. This post is incredibly meaningful, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sniffle.

Kellan said...

He is VERY handsome and it shows how much you adore him! You are a cutie pie too and look waaaay to young to have a 24 year old son! Happy Birthday to your sweet son!

Take care and have a good weekend. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday to your son. Sounds like an amazing man

PJ said...

Lovely tribute! Happy birthday Christopher! And thanks for your comments at Bits and Pieces. I love the spiritual application to my overgrown hostas! Thanks for stopping by.

His Girl said...

so so so so so sweet

two shallow observations:
-your family is really exceptionally beautiful
-how have you not aged at all?

Melanie said...

Happy belated birthday, Christopher! I think you have that same dazzling smile in every picture I've seen of you!

Lisa said...

You made me misty. I can't imagine having mine all grown up, yet I know it'll seem like the jump to 24 from 16 will take about a blink. I hope he had a happy birthday.