Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Summer Is Here

I woke up to loud banging this morning. It was expected, but still seemed harsh as it invaded the dream I was happily enjoying.


I don't like having strangers working inside my home. And to have them here, in my kitchen, before I've had one cup of coffee? Horrors! This wouldn't happen during the school year, but it is summer here people. I slept in. I was reading last night until quite late.


Yesterday was demolition day. I'm getting a new kitchen floor, but the old 3 layers of floor had to be ripped out first. The noise and dust made it impossible to blog. I couldn't go to the grocery store as I had no access to my refrigerator. Sigh. What was I supposed to do? Seemed like the perfect opportunity to get my nails painted for the 4th of July. In years past I've enjoyed decorating fingernails on my girls with splashes of fireworks, stripes of red, white, or blue. I'm patriotic like that. I came home with blue, yes blue as in the color on the flag blue.




Oh, and I picked up the new Guitar Hero Game that came out on Sunday. Before I began reading last night, I tried it out. Can you believe my kids were all gone (except the one who doesn't play) and I had to play alone? For 3 hours. Then I sat and read.
(Seriously, I think I should have had at least a half a dozen more children. I get carried away with too much free time.)

6 comments:

Mylinda said...

Awesome nails!!! Love the shade of blue! My 15yo wears colors like that all the time! If I had longer nails, i might, too! :-)

PJ said...

I love the nails!!! I should do something for the 4th with mine. But mostly I'm just plain old boring pink-redish-mauvish something or another.

Anonymous said...

Cute nails! But I want to know what were you dreaming?? heehee! And what book are you reading? I think it's so cute that you were playing Wii for three hours with no kids around haha!

Happy Summer, Joanne :)

His Girl said...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

Anonymous said...

Those are some serious nails you've got there! :o)

Want to borrow Sweetums?

Lori said...

Love the fingernails!!