Sunday, August 10, 2008

Do You Understand?

I understand why you yelled. Really, I do. You were afraid. The person, to whom you screamed, lives with that fear every day. Your words cut deeply into her heart. I forgive you. I hope she can too.

Right before that incident, she & I were talking. My friend is hurting. She really wanted to sit down, have a cup of coffee, and talk. She is alone. She spends her days fighting the battle that caused such a strong reaction from you. It's this battle that creates a greater need for friendship & companionship. But this is also what scares others away, isolating her all the more.

I hurt for my friend, my daughter, my child. I wish you hadn't added to her pain. Or her fear.

Apologize. Pour her a cup of coffee. Listen to what she has to say.

6 comments:

His Girl said...

praying.

Gretchen said...

What a fantastic point. Less mouth and more ears. Blessings to you.

P.s. glad you enjoyed Jenster.

Kellan said...

It sometimes is hard to just stop and listen and no scream - this was very thought-provoking. I hope all is good.

Have a good day - Kellan

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

oh oh oh

:-( so sorry

Anonymous said...

A hurting heart heals faster with a gentle touch and an apologetic word. Hope things are better!

PJ said...

It's sometimes hard to remember that others are dealing with pain and burdens, perhaps more severe than our own. God nudges us so gently to listen more and yell less. Thanks for the reminder.