Friday, August 15, 2008

The House Where I Dwell (Part 1)

My house is in a diastrous state. One of the bedrooms looks like this:


I've been waiting to update pics of my "new" kitchen. But it isn't finished. Here is a bit of an update:



I'm using my kitchen again, but there are no drawers. The cabinets are doorless, leaving their insides exposed. But the worst part isn't in these photos. It is the stuff that is all around me. The contents emptied from the bedroom and kitchen are stacked about the other rooms. Add to that the normal, everyday clutter and it is a wreck. I can't take it much longer. I want to run screaming from here.

It's funny. We moved into this new-to-us home nearly 16 years ago. At the time it was gently used, but lovely. Each wall was perfectly papered. But over time, the reality of paneled walls began exposing their true nature. Cracks, flaws, and weak areas began to appear.

This old house was built back in 1962. Hmm...same year as this here body of mine. It creaks and groans about the same as the wooden floors in my house. Nevertheless, this is my home. I live here. What I can't figure out is how did so much junk get in here?

4 comments:

PJ said...

Our home is about the same date. We remodeled the kitchen about three years ago. I SOOOO remember the mess!! Bless you. Praying for patience for you.

Anonymous said...

Don't EVEN try to claim you are old! Because you are not! I think my mother-in-law is older than you by a year or two and she is still raising kids too. (And no one can believe she has a 31 yr old son and grandchildren).

I hope your house gets finished soon! I am sympathizing on the kitchen....we are still living out of boxes in that room. Someday...

Kristin said...

Isn't it awful how you have to make SUCH a big mess to clean things up? But so worth it in the end. Improvements are a pain, but fun. I love getting things done when the weather cools down, too. Can't wait to see the finished result!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering the same thing as I looked at the storage space in our new house and wondered where all my stuff is going to fit. LOL