Monday, September 01, 2008

Things Happen

Sigh. Can I just sigh big sighs over and over???

My trip to Arizona was mostly because I hadn't been there in 20 months. On top of that, my mom has been having some medical issues. I am not happy with the care that she has received from the medical professionals. They seem rather incompetent.

I questioned whether or not I should be returning home. (I had so hoped my home projects would be finished. You know, the ones started a month ago.) But nope. Not done. My sister phoned the day after I returned to let me know I'd made a good choice. Mom was doing great. Two hours later, she called to say the paramedics were taking mom to the hospital as soon as she was stable. Both sisters and my brother were there.

One sister had to leave to pick up kids from school. The other got a call that her son had an accident. He was in the ER 2 1/2 hours away. The plastic surgeon would be there shortly. Could she make it by then? (This is the sister that reassured me I did well going home, but maybe it was because I was staying at her home.) Maybe she really just didn't like me using her hand towels the way I did, lol.

I have a LOT to say about the upcoming election, but will save it for another post.

(Note to self: After filling the crockpot in the morning, always check to make sure it is turned on. Hours later after working on a project that feels like it will never be finished, a completed meal will be a nice change from a slow cooker that is cold with food sitting uncooked.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I am so sorry to hear all that! Is your mom ok now? And what about your nephew?

It is so tough living away from family. When my mom was battling cancer, my hubby and I lived away for a huge chunk of that time and I was so stressed. When we moved home for good, I told him I did not want to move away again until after my mom had passed away. now she is gone and my dad and siblings live in other places, so I don't care if we move again. But when someone is sick or hurt, the distance is hard.

I'm praying for your family!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about supper and the unfinished house.

How is your Mom and your nephew?? It is so hard to know when to stay, when to leave, whether to go at all. You just have to do the best you can and know that there will always be something that comes up or changes.

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Too much excitement for me! HUGS

~Tammy~ said...

(((Hugs)))
Don't you hate it when stuff like that happens? It was a sign that you should go OUT for dinner.

I hope that your Mom and nephew are improving.

Have a good day!

Heth said...

Oh man, what a week!

Mylinda said...

Oh, boy, have I done the crock pot thing!!! But, hey, at least dinner for tomorrow is prepared and waiting to be cooked! lol In the mean time, order out!

Hope all the family is doing better soon! Praying, M

PJ said...

Or you could just leave biscuit cans on the counter and let them explode!!! LOL You are in good company! You have ME!

cherish.photography said...

Wow. Life is so busy.

Kristin said...

Oh, I'm sorry about your mom and hope she is better. It's hard to be far away -- almost all my family/relatives are in MI. Even when my grandparents died I couldn't go to their funerals because I was close to due with babies.

(Bummer about the crockpot, too, but good reminder!)

Anonymous said...

A while back you came to my blog, God Gave Me You, and asked how Tristans sleep study went. It went great cause he is off the oxygen.
Thanks for asking! Sorry, things are always hectic and I wanted to get to your blog before now.
I'd like to add you to my blog roll as I had read some of your post and they are great, and just like this one, I can relate to family problems and not turning the crockpot on! I'll sigh on that one with you.

Lori said...

Wow, lots happening! Hope your mom and nephew are doing well now!

And the whole crockpot thingy...yeah BTDT!

Jenni said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear things are stressful for you right now, and cold food is not one bit nice! That has happened to me before, when I turned the dial but it got caught between two settings and consequently decided that UNCOOKED was what I really meant.

Sigh away, my dear...it doesn't really solve anything, but it always makes ME feel better. (((HUGS)))