Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I Am Alive

I didn't mean to leave you all hanging from my last post. I have 5 posts sitting in my drafts box yet uncompleted. I hope to finish them at some point.

My Monday Menu should be up at Recipes4Me

I almost have my kitchen completed. Michael finished hanging the cabinet doors yesterday. I tried to get a photo yesterday but it was cloudy and rainy. Having a darker color doesn't show the beauty in poor lighting. But I love them and my new floor. I'm just not sure why or how home projects grow as soon as we are in the midst of them. Is it just me or does this happen to everyone???

I'll post better photos later, but this give you an idea. Here is a better pic of the color on the doors:
I spent most of last week painting Hilary's room. She wanted pink of some sort. We went with Flaming Flamingo, or something close to that. That project grew too. Remember this room? It isn't finished yet either. But here is a preview, and yes, I will get the blinds up in the windows. I ran into a problem with that too.
Doesn't flaming flamingo describe it well? I'm off to scrub the pink off my arms, legs, fingernails, etc.

16 comments:

Melanie said...

The kitchen looks beautiful, and the pink looks very nice with her bedding.

I'm still waiting for DH to finish up on our kitchen project, too.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! LOVE your kitchen. Very beautiful and warm.

Lori said...

I love it, BEAUTIFUL!! The kitchen cabinets are such a rich color. And the pink bedroom, oh my Brooke would be in heaven. She just LOVES pink.

You've been one busy lady.

Mylinda said...

I love your kitchen!! It looks awesome! Can I come visit?? lol And, the pink is veeerrry pink! I would love that in purple for my own room! Not sure the dh would agree, but..... :-) BTW, how's the family? Your mom was in bad shape before. Is she better? Hope so. Blessings!

Kellan said...

Your kitchen is beautiful - it looks fantastic, as does the flaming flamingo - love it!

Take care - Kellan

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous! Though I am glad my DD never chose quite that shade of pink. Hmmm- come to think of it, she NEVER chose pink in any shade. But I do have a passle of grand daughters who would love it!
How are your Mom and nephew?

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Whew! The flamingo pink kinda hurt my eyes...haha! But I do love it with the bedding. AND I WANT YOUR KITCHEN! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Things are looking great in your home. I know it has been a long process. When it is all done, it looks like it has been worth it.

Kristin said...

Gorgeous kitchen, Joanne! Love the rich, dark woods. Now the pink . . . LOL.

PJ said...

Love the kitchen!!! AND the flamingo flames!!!

Anonymous said...

Love love love your kitchen, it's just beautiful, right out of a magazine, and Hilary's room is so fun! LOVE the pink!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the color on the kitchen cabinets. Flaming Flamingo makes my eyes hurt. LOL

Heth said...

Trying not to be jealous...

LOVE that kitchen. The natural light is gorgeous and I love, love, love the floors. Also, hooray for flaming flamingo.

Jenni said...

The growing phenominon has a name: "scope creep". It happens to everybody, believe me!

The kitchen and bedroom are gorgeous! I love the colors of the wood. Mmmmmm *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous!!!! Love the dark with the light. :)

PL

His Girl said...

*dies of kitchen envy*