Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Walk

I took a stroll down memory lane
I went as far as I could go
But every memory I did pass
told my hurried feet to slow.

Tears of joy filled my eyes
Each tiny baby I beheld.
I watched as every one of them
grew taller, wise, on wings they sailed.

But then I found a curious thing
I stopped to look more closely.
There before me laid a dream
A faded, unborn fantasy.

I stood there for a moment
Not knowing what to do.
Should I take this lifeless thing
That once held much allure?

And while I mused I didn't see
My heart embraced entirely
The hope of one forgotten dream
It brought to life indulgently.

My hands began to close the doors
On happy memories.
With quicker steps my legs did run
To reach this neweset destiny.

3 comments:

Heth said...

Oooh, now I'm intrigued. Tell me more!

Anonymous said...

Did you write that? It's really good!

Truth said...

Thanks Ann. Yes, it just seemed the only way to put into words what I am going through.

Heth, I will try to write more on this.